Gajorer Pudding/Carrot Pudding
It has been long since I have prepared a dessert at home I thought. It has almost been couple of months since I have been away from home to work during the weekends. Therefore, I hardly had time to prepare something good. As I open the refrigerator, I see a huge packet of carrot lying inside. I have already prepared Gajar ka Halwa before. What should I prepare with carrots….. ummmm. Let’s make a pudding today. It is decided. My son and my husband…oh.. are ardent fans of desserts. Whatever dessert is prepared at home, even my 3yrs old makes it a point to get a share equivalent to us…..Hence, no more asking and the dessert of the weekend was finalized to gajorer pudding.
Carrot pudding perfumed with oodles of cinnamon, is easy to prepare and is delicious.
Course: Main Course
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup carrot grated
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons of chopped pistachios for garnishing
- In a kadai, add the ghee and let it melt completely.
- Now, add the grated carrot and saute them for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the milk to the kadai and cook the carrot cooked till all the carrot is cooked properly and the milk has almost reduced.
- Turn off the flame and let the mixture cool. Now, blend this mixture to a smooth paste. I have run a hand blender in the kadai itself. Do not worry if tiny bits of carrot remain in the paste.
- In a bowl, crack open the eggs and beat them.
- Now, add the sugar to the egg and mix evenly. Do not over mix.
- Add the milk to the egg sugar mixture and mix evenly. Strain the mixture.
- To the strained egg mixture, add the carrot paste and mix evenly.
- Transfer the mixture to containers for steaming.
- Cover the mouth of the vessel with an aluminium foil to prevent water from entering the vessels.
- In a huge pot, add water and place a stand inside the pot. The level of the water should be such that it should not touch the bottom of the vessels.
- Steam the pudding for 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the container. Continue steaming till a toothpick comes out clean.
- Store the pudding in the refrigerator and let it cool.
- Demould the pudding or serve the pudding in the container itself. Garnish with chopped pistachios and serve.
Thank you for stopping by. If you like the recipe please hit like. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook. If you prepare this dish and publish your photos on Facebook and Instagram do not forget to tag #theepicureanfeast