Cuisine: Bengali (Indian)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 20 pieces
For the Filling
- 2 cups of peas(fresh or frozen)
- 3-4 green chilies
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of kalojeera/ nigella seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of hing/ asafoetida
- 1/2 inch of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of coriander powder
For the Dough
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Water for kneading the dough
- oil for deep frying
For the filling
- Take the peas, green chilies and ginger in a blender and blend them to a smooth paste. Add as little water as possible. (I have used around 1 tablespoon)
- In a kadai take 2 tablespoons of oil. Temper the oil with kalojeera and hing.
- As the spices start releasing the aroma, add the pea mixture to the kadai.
- Now, with the spatula keep folding the pea mixture on medium flame. Keep stirring, else the mixture might stick to the bottom.
- Add the salt, cumin powder and coriander powder to the kadai. Now continue cooking on medium flame till all the water is evaporated. But donot over do it else the mixture will become too dry.
- Let the mixture cool down.
For the kochuri
- Take the salt, wheat flour and 1 tablespoon of oil in bowl. Rub the oil with the wheat flour properly.
- Now, slowly add water to the mixture to make a smooth and pliable dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for about 1/2 hour.
- Divide the dough into 20 pcs and keep them aside.
- Now, take one of the dough ball, roll it lightly. Take a spoonful of the mixture, put it at the center of the rolled dough.
- Close all the ends of the dough carefully and keep aside. Do this for all the dough balls and keep them aside.
- Now, grease the rolling board and the rolling pin with oil and roll each dough ball gently. Be careful not to over roll the dough.
- Take oil in a pan and heat it. Once the oil is hot, gently drop one kochuri in hot oil.
- Gently press the kochuri with the spatula. This helps the kochuri to puff up.
- Now, gently flip the kochuri and fry the other side.
- Drain the kochuri from the oil and keep it on the kitchen towel to soak up the excess oil.
- Serve the kochuri with niramish aloor dum and some misti on the side.
2 thoughts on “Koraishutir Kochuri”
Toys play a very important role in growing kids. Toys not only entertain them but also help them enhance many skills. These days buying correct toys is important. We must choose toys that help them improve their imagination, creativity, reasoning, logical and creative thinking, and most importantly motor skills. I must say after thorough research there are sites which sell such toys. We as parents always look for things which encourage our kids to walk and run. There are toys which help them to do so. One such toy is Crocodile Wooden Pull Along Toy which is really amazing. Its colorful and bright design is appealing and is sure to catch the attention of kids and promotes kids mental and physical development.
The second toy I bought was Magnetic Writing & Drawing Board from Nesta Toys. My son loved playing with it. The toy set includes a Double-sided magnetic writing whiteboard, blackboard, marker, chalks, and eraser that can be placed on the ground without support. It has bright colors, have smooth edges, and made up of wooden material which is safe and allows kids to play wholeheartedly. Do give your kids such toys which enhance their abilities and educate them in proper ways.