Subho Mahalaya and Biswakarma Puja to all my readers!!! Bengali’s love for desserts is not a secret and no celebration is complete without a dessert. Rasgulla and rasmalai are one of the popular desserts of West Bengal. And you can call this dish as one of the variations of Rasmalai.
I tried this dessert a few years back from a popular sweet shop in Kolkata with my husband. Soon as we came to Israel, he started nagging for this delicacy. I have prepared baked rosogolla a number of times before but this time when I prepared this for welcoming goddess Durga(Mahalaya), I decided to put it up on my blog.
These rasgullas/rosogolla that were used to prepare this dessert were also made at home following few simple tips. So, prepare this decadent dessert from scratch at home and surprise your family members.
Preparation time: 20 mins + waiting time
Cook time: 40 mins
- Rasgulla/Rosogolla from 1 litre milk or 200g chenna
- 2 cups of full fat milk
- 2 tablespoons of condensed milk
- 5-6 cashew nuts chopped
- 5-6 pistachios chopped
- Take earthen, ceramic or any oven suitable cup for baking.
- Now, take the rasgullas and squeeze the syrup out from them. Do not worry they will revert back to their original shape.
- Now, put them in those cups.
- Take a kadai and in it add the milk, condensed milk, kesar and pistachios and bring it to boil.
- Reduce them to 2/3 of volume. Now, distribute this mixture evenly in the cups that you have taken.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Bake these rasgullas for 15-20 minutes.
- Now, take the cups outside, change the oven to broiling mode and raise the temperature to 240°C. Keep in the cups in the topmost rack of the oven for 3-5 minutes. This will give a wonderful baked look (brown color) on the top.
- Take the cups out of the oven and let them come to room temperature.
- Keep it in refrigerator for 2 hours and serve them chilled.
Thank you for stopping by. If you like the recipe do not forget to hit like. If you prepare this dish and publish your photos on Facebook and Instagram do tag #theepicureanfeast. Also for queries, you can mail me email@example.com