Paanch foron is a blend of five spices namely cumin (jeera), nigella seeds (kalojeera), fennel seeds (mouri), fenugreek seeds (methi), wild celery (radhuni). However, if radhuni is not available, black mustard seeds (sorse) can be used. Panch foron is used to cook many vegetables, chutneys and sometimes meat.
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tablespoon of nigella seeds (kalojeera)
- 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds (mouri)
- 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds (methi)
- 1 tablespoon of wild celery seeds (radhuni)
The above seeds can be mixed and stored in air-tight container and can be used for few months.
Some people do not prefer the bitterness from methi seeds. The ratio above, of the seeds can be varied according to choice.
Recipes using paanch foron
Thank you for stopping by. If you like the recipe do not forget to hit like. If you prepare this dish and publish your photos on Facebook and Instagram do tag #theepicureanfeast. Also for queries, you can mail me email@example.com