Fulkopir bora/ Cauliflower fritters
Fulkopir bora are the perfect appetizers or tea-time snacks.These pakoras are also an ideal combination with daal, bhaat and any veggie on the side. Winter evenings often meant dhonepatar bora, fulkopir bora, vegetable chop, moghlai porota or if we were lucky, chicken cutlet made by my father. I bet his telebhajas were the best telebhajas I had ever in my life till date.
This reminds me of few instances of my father making telebhaja at home. My mother used to often complaint that my father always overdid things. For example: once when he was preparing phulkopir bora, he made in such an amount (from my memory of almost 25 years back, he made boras from three huge cauliflowers) and we being a family of only four, had to be distributed to all our neighbors to finish them off.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons of rice flour
- Cauliflower florets from 1 small cauliflower
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon of kalojeera/nigella seeds
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder
- Oil for deep frying
- Boil 4 cups of water in a pot along with some salt.
- Clean the cauliflower florets and put them in water. Leave them in water for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the water and keep the cauliflower florets aside.
- In a bowl, take the wheat flour, rice flour, salt, kalojeera, turmeric powder, baking powder, black pepper powder and mix properly.
- To the mixture add about 1 cup of water to form smooth and lump free batter.
- Coat the cauliflowers with the batter.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Once the oil is hot, gently drop the cauliflowers in the hot oil. Gently turn and flip the fritters to prevent them from sticking to each other and frying evenly.
- Fry the pakoras on low-medium flame till they turn golden on both the sides.
- Once the pakoras are done remove them from oil and coat them in second layer of batter and fry them again in oil.
- Sprinkle chaat masala on the pakoras and serve them hot.
Step by step instructions to prepare fulkopir bora
Boil 4 cups of water in a pot along with some salt. Clean the cauliflower florets and put them in water. Leave them in water for about 10 minutes.
Drain the water and keep the cauliflower florets aside.
In a bowl, take the wheat flour, rice flour, salt, ksalojeera, turmeric powder, baking powder, salt and mix properly.
To the mixture add water to form smooth batter.
Coat the cauliflowers with the batter.
Heat oil in a kadai. Once the oil is hot, gently drop the cauliflowers in the hot oil.Fry the pakoras on low-medium flame till they turn golden on both the sides.
Thank you for stopping by. If you like the recipe please hit like. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook. If you prepare this dish and publish your photos on Facebook and Instagram do not forget to tag #theepicureanfeast