Egg bhurjee/ Dimer bhujiya
Egg bhurjee is a dish which is mostly sold in dhabas. It serves as a perfect side dish. You can also prepare this dish for your lunch box with chapati or paratha.
Course: Side dish
- 4 large eggs whisked lightly
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste
- 3-4 green chilies slit
- 1/3 cup of bell pepper chopped
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon of whole cumin seeds
- ¼ cup of chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon of chopped spring onions for garnishing(optional)
- ½ teaspoonful of red chili powder(optional)
- Salt to taste
- Break the eggs in a bowl carefully such that there are no shells. Add salt to the eggs and whisk them.
- Take a pan and add oil to it. Once the oil is hot add the cumin seeds.
- As the cumin seeds splutter, add the chopped onions and capsicum and fry till they turn little soft.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, green chilies, tomatoes, turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chili powder and stir for 1 minute.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of water and keep stirring till you see oil leaving the sides of the pan.
- Now pour the eggs and continue stirring vigorously along with the spices till all the bigger chunks of egg are broken to smaller pieces.
- Add the chopped cilantro to the egg bhurjee and mix properly.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve with rice, bread or chapatti.