Lassi is a popular traditional dahi (yogurt)-based drink popular in India. Lassi is a blend of yogurt, water, spices, dry fruits and sometimes fruit. It can be prepared in few minutes and is perfect relief during summer.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Servings: 2 glasses
- 2 cups of chilled dahi/yogurt
- 1 cup of chilled water
- 10-12 tablespoons of sugar
- 8-10 strands of kesar
- 1 teaspoon of rose water
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- ice-cubes (optional)
- 2 tablespoon of chopped dry fruits+ some more for garnishing
- In a blender, take yogurt, water, sugar, salt, rosewater, kesar. Blend it to a smooth mixture. It will become frothy.
- Add chopped dry-fruits and then blend again for few seconds such that the dry-fruits are evenly distributed in the lassi.
- Pour in tall glasses.
- Garnish with ice, dry fruits and serve.