Mango chutney/ Sweet chutney from raw mangoes
Mango chutney, a preparation with raw mangoes. It is prepared in many Bengali households during the season of early summer when raw mangoes are available . It is easy and fast to prepare and awesomely delicious!!! It serves as wonderful dessert.
Cuisine: Bengali (Indian)
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 2 raw mangoes
- 2 whole dry red chilies
- ¼ teaspoon of whole mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Peel the mangoes, remove the seed and slice them to pieces.
- Take a kadai and heat it. To the hot kadai, add oil and let it heat.
- Once hot, add the dry red chilies and whole mustard seeds. After sometime the chilies turn black and the mustard seeds start spluttering.
- Now, add the chopped mangoes and stir them for 1 minute.
- Add water to the kadai and cook the mangoes. Add the salt, sugar and turmeric powder.
- Cook the mangoes till they become mushy.
- Add water and sugar if needed.(Amount of sugar depends on how tart the mangoes are)
- Once done, remove it from gas and let it cool.
- Keep it in refrigerator and serve the chutney chilled.
If the mangoes are too tart, you can half-boil the mangoes and discard the water.
1 thought on “Mango chutney/ Sweet chutney from raw mangoes”