Paneer/ Cottage cheese blocks
Paneer or Indian cottage cheese is an essential component of Indian vegetarian dishes. So, it is important to know, how to make paneer at home. Home-made paneer is very easy to prepare and very soft in comparison to store-bought ones. It takes your dish to another level. You can prepare following dishes from paneer.
So, let’s see how can we prepare paneer at home.
- 1 liter milk or as much you want to use
- 1/4 cup of vinegar/lemon juice
- Take 1 Liter of full-fat milk in a pot and let it come to a boil.
- In another bowl take about 1 tablespoonful of lemon juice/ white vinegar and 1 tablespoon of water. You can add more of the lime/vinegar if required.
- Meanwhile, keep a strainer (muslin cloth or any white cloth) on a big container to filter off the curdled milk from the water (whey).
- As soon as the milk starts to boil lower the flame and add the lemon juice/ vinegar. Keep stirring till you see the milk curdle completely and you see the whey completely transparent or greenish in color. Turn of the flame.
- Immediately, strain the chenna and wash it properly to remove all the vinegar.
- To make the paneer, keep the chenna on the plate and keep a heavy object on it for 4-6 hours.
- After 6 hours open the paneer. Cut it into cubes and the paneer is ready to use.