Mango Kulfi with nutmeg (জায়ফল) flavor
Kulfi is an Indian ice-cream which is much easier to prepare. It doe snot require eggs or ice-cream machine. Mangoes are queen of summer. Therefore, mango kulfi is the perfect frozen dessert for the summer. Besides, they are so easy to prepare and can be prepared without any special ingredient, machine or technique. Most, mango kulfi recipes use cardamom as flavoring agent. But, I have used nutmeg. We at my home, love the nutty and sweet flavor of nutmeg, which perfectly gels with mango. So, let’s begin preparing this differently flavored mango kulfi.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 200g or ½ tin of sweetened condensed milk
- A few saffron strands
- ½ tablespoon of corn starch
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pistachios
- Some more chopped pistachios for garnishing
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Bring the milk to boil in a pan and then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Add the saffron strands.
- Now let the milk simmer till the milk reduces to half the volume, stirring continuously.
- Add the condensed milk to the mixture.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in some cold milk and add to the mixture.
- Now remove the mixture from flame and add let the mixture cool.
- Once the mixture cools, add the mango puree and whisk the mixture properly to remove all lumps.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg to the mixture.
- Now, add the chopped pistachios to the mixture.
- Now, pour the mixture to kulfi molds and if you do not have molds you can use disposable cups or glasses to make kulfi.
- After one hour, when the kulfi is a little set, you can insert a stick if you are using disposable cups and glasses. However, kulfi can also be eaten with spoon. So even if you do not use stick, you can eat it with spoon.
- Remove the kulfi from mold by dipping it in warm water. And if you are using a cup you can just tear it off.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and serve immediately.