Cantaloupe(ফুটি) Sorbet (without an ice-cream maker)
Sorbet is a frozen dessert made mostly of fruits. You can make them with any kind of fruit, add any flavoring agent to it. The best part about sorbet is, they are a perfect substitute to ice-cream. Everyone these days is health-conscious. Therefore you can have these desserts every day with your entire family without worrying much about calories. Moreover, I am sure your kids will love it. Cantaloupe has a sweet fruity odor. That is how you know that it is the best cantaloupe to buy.
You can also prepare other flavors of sorbet like
Preparation time: 10 mins
Wait time: 6 hours
- 1 Cantaloupe cubed to small pieces around 5 cups
- ½ cup mint leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of water or as needed
1. Line a tray with baking paper. Put the cubes of cantaloupe on the tray such that they do not touch each other.
2. Leave it in freezer overnight or for at least 6 hours.
3. Take the frozen cantaloupe in a blender and blend it till it becomes crumbly.
4. Now add the remaining ingredients and blend it again till you get a smooth creamy scoopable mixture.
5. If at this point you find that the sorbet has melted or become too soft let it freeze for 30 minutes to one hour.
6. Now the sorbet is ready to serve. Enjoy the sorbet this hot summer with your family.
1. While freezing if you pile the entire cantaloupe together it will freeze as a huge chunk and it will be difficult to break them or put them in the blender.
2. Choose a ripe cantaloupe because they are perfectly sweet for the sorbet.