Aam Pora Shorbot/ Aam Panna
Aam pora shorbot or aam panna is an Indian drink popular for its ability to resist heat. As the name says it is made from mangoes, but from raw mangoes. It is very healthy as well as tasty and can be prepared in just 20 minutes.
- 2 raw mangoes
- ¼ teaspoon salt/black salt
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- Icecubes for serving
- 2-3 glasses of water
- Roast the mangoes on open flame till they become tender. Once done let them cool.
- Remove the peel of the mangoes and transfer the pulp into a blender.
- To the blender add salt, sugar, cumin powder and mint leaves and blend to a smooth mixture.
- This is the concentrate for the aam pora shorbot. This can be refrigerated for atleast 5-6 days.
- If you are not storing the concentrate, add water and run the blender for few seconds.
- Chill the shorbot for few hours in refrigerator.
- Serve chilled aam pora shorbot with ice and garnish with some mint leaves.
- You can simply boil the mangoes instead of roasting them but roasting them gives a beautiful smoky flavor to the shorbot.
- Jaggery can also be used instead of sugar. This gives a different taste to the aam pora shorbot.
- Use tart mangoes for aam pora shorbot.
- You can strain the shorbot before serving if you do not like the bits of mangoes coming to your mouth.
- You can also make a concentrate and store it for few days. Just do not add the water. Add chilled water before serving.
Step by step instructions to prepare aam pora shorbot
Roast the mangoes on open flame till they become tender. Once done let them cool.
Remove the peel of the mangoes and transfer the pulp into a blender. To the blender add salt, sugar, cumin powder and mint leaves
Blend to a smooth mixture.
Add water and run the blender for few seconds. Chill the shorbot for few hours in refrigerator. Serve