Banana and berry sorbet
Sorbet is a frozen dessert made mostly of fruits. You can make them with any kind of fruit, add any flavoring agent to it. The best part about sorbet is, they are a perfect substitute for ice-cream. Everyone these days is health-conscious. Therefore you can have these desserts every day with your entire family without worrying much about your health. Moreover, I am sure your kids will love it. All I had in my kitchen were bananas which had become almost completely gone black from outside and some berries. Hence, I decided to make a sorbet out of them.
Preparation time: 10 mins
- 1 banana
- 1 cup berries deseeded
- ½ teaspoon of ginger paste
- Coconut shavings for garnishing
- Take the banana and berries. Chop it to slices and keep it on a tray such that they do not touch each other.
- Put the tray in refrigerator for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- In a blender take all the frozen fruits and the ginger paste and start blending.
- Add splashes of water if required.
- Make a smooth paste of the mixture and you will achieve a smooth texture.
- If the sorbet has become very soft, keep it in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Garnish the sorbet with coconut shavings and enjoy the sorbet with your family and friends.
- While freezing the fruits freeze them such that they do not touch each other in the tray, else they will freeze as a blob and it will be difficult to break or blend them.